Membership Benefits Overview
Thanks for your interest in becoming a member of the American Glaucoma Society. Members of AGS join a group of top glaucoma surgeons that are dedicated to upholding the mission of AGS: to “promote excellence in the care of patients with glaucoma and preserve or enhance vision by supporting glaucoma specialists and scientists through the advancement of education and research.”
Membership is $425 per year and is free for fellows and physicians less than two years out of fellowship.
The major benefits of being an AGS member include:
- A free subscription to The Journal of Glaucoma. The Journal of Glaucoma produces 12 monthly subscriptions over the course of a calendar year. Dues paying members will received a hard copy as well as have access to the online Journals. Non-dues-paying members will receive the Journal online only.
- Discounted registration and early registration access for the AGS annual meeting which is held in a different location every year alternating east coast and west coast destination cities. The AGS annual meeting usually garners between 20-27 hours of CME credit.
- Early access to the priority housing block at the host hotel. Guaranteed stay at the hotel if reservations are made when priority housing opens as well as access to most discounted portion of the housing block.
- Access to a members only email listserve that allows for threaded discussions and access to archived discussions on glaucoma related topics and clinical issues. The listserve is a place for members to gain insight into difficult cases, and ask questions or get opinions about medical situations that may not have clear cut answers. The AGS listserve is the most popular member benefit with an average of 10-30 contributions per day with about 4 discussions happening simultaneously.
- Volunteer opportunities on a variety of committees including the annual meeting program planning committee, education and communication committee, patient care committee, research committee, finance committee as well as a variety of other committee’s and ad hoc task forces.
- Access to a member search that allows members to search for fellow members and see additional contact information, professional affiliations and AGS committee involvement.
- The AGS is a member society of the World Glaucoma Association, AGS members are eligible to receive free access to the International Glaucoma Review (IGR).