I am a PERMANENTE PHYSICIAN.
A skilled practitioner who seeks to create high-quality outcomes through integrated care.
Every physician who is part of the Southern California Permanente Medical Group shares a passion for advancing the practice of medicine. We fuel that passion by creating a culture of innovation and collaboration—one where the quality of care we deliver is elevated by the accelerated resources we provide.
Full-Time Opening in South Bay, California
Located near the beach communities of the Palos Verdes Peninsula, Redondo Beach, Hermosa Beach, and Manhattan Beach!
Kaiser Permanente South Bay is a community hospital which serves the South Bay and Long Beach. The following Ophthalmic subspecialties are represented:
• 4 Comprehensive specialists
• 3 Vitreoretinal specialists – 2 surgical, 1 medical
• 2 Glaucoma specialists
• 1 Corneal/External disease specialists
• 1 Pediatric/Strabismus specialist
• 1 Oculoplastic/Orbital specialist
• Several part-time per diem Comprehensive specialists
As a community-based hospital, we manage a large number of “bread and butter” cases. One should be comfortable managing all aspects of general ophthalmology surgeries such as phacoemulsification, Glaucoma cases, including traditional trabeculectomies, tube shunts as well as MIGS procedures (stents and Goniotomies) and transscleral laser therapy. A comfort to manage or desire to learn complex anterior segment cases including scleral fixation of lens implant and endoscopic laser therapy.
• Requirements: Glaucoma fellowship training
• On-Call Coverage: General ophthalmology call every 9th week, one week at a time. Doctor on duty coverage during the day for same day urgent visits ½ day/week and up to two ½ days/week.
• Clinic Duties: Clinic begins at either 7AM or 830 AM and ends at 5PM. Flex schedule could be available based on staffing.
• Surgical Duties:
o OR Volume: Total number of cases: 300-400+ cases per year. Half day of OR/week with occasional full day.
o Operating Rooms: Kaiser South Bay, Kaiser Carson ASU, Torrance ASU.
Job descriptions are subject to change to meet the operational needs of the department and medical center.
At SCPMG, you'll enjoy the amazing recreational activities, spectacular natural scenery, and exceptional climate our area is known for, along with stability in today's rapidly changing health care environment.
SCPMG is proud to offer its physicians:
• An organization that has served the communities of Southern California for more than 70 years
• A physician-led practice that equally emphasizes professional autonomy and cross-specialty collaboration
• Comprehensive administrative support
• An environment that promotes excellent service to patients
• A fully implemented electronic medical record system
• An excellent salary, comprehensive benefits, and partnership eligibility after 3 years
Pay range for full-time openings is $372,375.00 - $454,359.00. Minimum salaries are inclusive of premium pay and incentives depending on skills and competencies and geographic location. Annual Salary will be based on longevity with the Group and FTE work schedule/effort.
If you believe in pursuing dreams, creating hope, and driving progress, then you’re the very definition of a Permanente Physician.
For consideration or to apply, please visit our website at: https://scpmgphysiciancareers.com/specialty/ophthalmology/.
For questions or additional information, please contact Stephen Niarhos at Stephen.Niarhos@kp.org or 800-541-7946. We are an AAP/EEO employer.
The Answer to Health Care in America.