AGS requires that each person who uses the AGS listserv agree to be bound by the following policies and procedures of this agreement. Your continued access to this listserv is conditioned on your continuing agreement to abide by these policies and procedures and by the terms and rules of membership of AGS.
In the event that AGS becomes aware of any violations of these policies and procedures, or other activities that violate the law or jeopardize its tax-exempt status, AGS will take appropriate action, at its discretion. AGS reserves the right to terminate, without prior notice, the listserv access of any user who does not abide by these policies and procedures.
A. Technical Procedures
- To post a message to the group, visit the Open Forum Community page, or email your message to firstname.lastname@example.org, or simply Reply All to a message received and it will be broadcast to the group.
- Be sure to clear the Connected Community domain address with your IT department or in your personal email account settings so that correspondence is not mistaken for junk mail or spam.
- The list server recognizes you as a member only by the email address from which you are posting. If you post from an email address other than what is in the database, your posting will be rejected.
- Remember to keep us updated with your new or preferred email address.
- Avoid sending large attachments to the group as it slows down the server and risks getting rejected altogether.
- When forwarding or re-posting messages, do not change the wording and only re-post to the group with permission and attribution.
- Include a one or two line contact information signature at the end of your message.
B. General Use Policies
- AGS is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on AGS listservs; postings represent the viewpoint of the writer and are not endorsed by AGS.
- Because AGS reserves the right to monitor this listserv, users of the listserv do not have a personal right of privacy in any messages in the listserv, including messages marked “privileged,” “confidential,” etc.
- AGS reserves the right to modify or change the rules as it determines from time to time in the best interests of AGS.
C. Basic Netiquette
- Respect other subscribers of the listserv. Feel free to express yourself, but do not do anything to injure or harm other individuals or entities. Subscribers are expected to exercise both common sense and courtesy in the messages they transmit over the listserv.
- Please ensure that the messages you post to this list are appropriate for this list. If you notice inappropriate postings or violations of the listserv policies and procedures, you should bring this information to the attention of the listserv administrator, not the whole discussion group.
- Do not misrepresent yourself, or in any other way conceal your identity, or post anonymous messages on the listserv.
- Do not alter the content or source of a message that has originated from another person’s computer with the intent to deceive.
- Do not send or propagate messages that contain computer worms, viruses, or components that threaten to interfere with or compromise the integrity of our computer systems, networks or websites.
- When asking questions, please request that individuals reply directly to you. After all the replies have been gathered, you may post a summary to the list. When replying to messages, do not reply to the entire list if a reply is directed at a single individual. Replying to the individual may be more appropriate. Replies of a personal nature should not be sent to the group.
D. Communications in Violation of Federal/State Laws or AGS Policies Prohibited
- Do not use our listserv for anything that might be illegal. This listserv may not be used for anything to do with illegal drugs, gambling, pornography, prostitution, child pornography, robbery, spreading computer viruses, cracking into private computer forums, software infringement, trafficking in credit card codes, or other crimes.
- Do not use the listserv to defame or disparage a member of AGS or any other person. Defamatory, harassing, sexist, racist, obscene, and other offensive communications are not acceptable forms of communication over the listserv, and could lead to legal liability for those engaging in such improper communications.
- Do not upload or distribute files subject to trademark, copyright, or other proprietary rights except with the express consent of the owner of the rights. (Note that material may be copyrighted even if no copyright notice or “©” symbol appears.)
- Do not use our listserv to communicate with competitors about prices, terms of service or otherwise communicate in a way that may violate the antitrust laws. Listserv communications constitute an ongoing "meeting" of participants; such meetings may involve competitors. The same rules against illegal agreements in restraint of trade that apply at members’ meetings also apply to listserv communications.
- The listserv may not be used to violate any rules of membership in AGS, AGS bylaws, rules and regulations or standards of AGS.
E. Commercial and Political Communications Prohibited
- Posting of any commercial material, or contacting any member to advertise, sell, or solicit or otherwise promote any commercial product or service, is prohibited, as doing so also could jeopardize AGS’s tax-exempt status. Commercial activities include, but are not limited to, promotional announcements and product- and service-related press releases. Should such messages appear on the listserv, AGS will not be held liable either directly or indirectly for damages that result from the use of this information. Such messages should immediately be brought to the attention of AGS. For educational purposes only, links to videos, programs, and podcasts may be provided as long as there is no direct commercial sponsorship or bias.
- Use of this listserv for any communication that could be construed in any way as support for or opposition to any candidate for a federal, state or local public office is prohibited. The federal law providing for AGS’s tax-exempt status forbids the use of AGS resources or facilities, including these fora, in any way that would even appear to support or oppose such a political candidate.
- Use of this listserv for endorsement of candidates in an AGS election, or for other AGS-related electioneering, is prohibited.
F. Limitation of Liability & Indemnity
You agree that AGS will not be responsible to you for any damages or losses you may incur in connection with our listserv or any of the data or other materials transmitted through or residing on our listserv, even if AGS has been advised of the possibility of such damage or loss. In addition, you agree to defend and indemnify AGS, its officers, directors, employees, and agents and hold AGS, its officers, directors, employees, and agents harmless from and against any and all claims, proceedings damages, injuries, liabilities losses, costs and expenses (including attorneys fees) relating to any acts or omissions by you or materials or information transmitted by you in connection with our listserv leading wholly or partially to claims against AGS, its officers, directors, employees, or agents or our listserv by other users or third parties.
G. User Acknowledgement Acceptance
I have read and understand the listserv rules and agree to accept these rules and to use the listserv only in compliance with them.